Tuesday 13 February 2018

DIMAGRAPHY & THE VELVET UNDERGROUND

Dmitry Demchenko is a familiar name to many record collectors and readers of this blog, because he has an unequalled ability to find copies of rare albums that come with rare promo stickers, which he then sells on eBay for enviable sums.

One of the most sought-after albums in the world is the original US white label promo of The Velvet Underground & Nico.

Click HERE to see a copy that was sold on eBay in December 2017 for $750, with the name 'CARLSON' written on the label (thereby diminishing its value and collector appeal).

Here are some images of that copy:



And click HERE to see a copy Dmitry sold on eBay a month later for just over $2000, with an 'ORIGINAL RECTANGULAR "D.J. SAMPLES PROMOTIONAL COPIES" WHITE  STICKER' on the label (thereby enhancing its value and collector appeal).

Here are some images of Dmitry's copy:



Both auctions clearly show an original copy - indeed, the labels in each are identical down to the same microscopic details.

As is so often the case with items sold by 'Dimagraphy', serious collectors worldwide are curious about the sticker in his listing.

Has anyone seen another WLP of this album with that sticker on the label?

The only other example I can find online was sold on eBay in April 2017... by lucky old Dmitry! You can see that one HERE.

Looking forward to your feedback!

7 comments:

  1. Ha, what a genius -- just slapped that sticker over the name on the label and resold it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to be careful. I know only a handful of people ever read this blog, but if this is the same guy (and I am sure it is), and he gets to hear of it, he has links to the Russian Mafia. At least thats the rumour. So cover your back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dmitry Demchenko is a familiar name to many record collectors and readers of this blog". Optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really interested about this topic. I was trying to get an original Mono Banana myself (with torso) and found Dimagraphy's. But, how can he get so many copies of that record? He's selling almost one a week! And most of them with these super cool stickers...
    I dont know, it looks really weird to me. So many copies, in such a good condition. Too good to be true.
    I sent the guy a message not so long ago, btw. Told me I could always return it if I'm not happy with my purchase. But still.
    If stamps and other valuable/collectable stuff is counterfeited, why records would be an exception? IMO, there's no other way to find so many bananas than counterfeiting them yourself. Not to mention the stickers, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  6. Su visa pagarba jums ir jūsų burtininkams privalau visiems pasakyti šį liudijimą. Su kitais burtininkais jokių rezultatų nemačiau. Aš tiesiog norėjau pas jus ateiti anksčiau, iš jūsų gavau geriausią. Mano buvusio vyro nebuvo ten metus, aš eidavau visur ir pas kitus burtininkus pagalbos, bet rezultato nebuvo, kol draugas supažindino mane su daktaru Egwali. Po to, kai buvo atliktas susitaikymo burtas, pagaliau man paskambino iš jo. Jo stebuklai padarė stebuklus, o mano vyras grįžo kupinas meilės. Tai stebuklas! Jis staiga grįžo su gėlėmis, sakydamas, kad turėčiau jam atleisti, buvau tikrai šokiruotas, kai mano vyras klūpojo maldaudamas atleidimo ir kad aš jį priimsiu. Man labai trūksta žodžių ir džiaugiuosi, kad tu esi Dievas, kurį atsiuntė aš ir visa mano šeima. Ir dabar aš vėl esu džiaugsminga moteris. Labai ačiū dr. Egwali. Visiems, kurie ieško tikro rašybos būrelio, susisiekite su dr. Egwali savo el. Pašto adresu. Pašto adresas: (dregwalispellbinder@gmail.com). Taip pat galite susisiekti su juo tiesiogiai per „Whatsapp“ telefonu +2348122948392
    Jis tikrai yra garantuotas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stickers are fake and were never issued originally. It has been discussed in Steve Hoffman forums for instance.

    ReplyDelete